Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Killers Musical

That's right. Someone needs to do it. Setting? Las vegas. Characters? A heroin addict, a stripper, a gambler, a student, and a homeless man. Plot? In one word? Escape. In many? The tale of five people unconnected at first but slowly drawn together by their need to leave this "two-star town".

Wow, I totally already have a mini plot in my head. If only I could write.

I have random flashes of what I'd want to do.

The homeless man lives near the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign in a drainage tunnel.

I'd basically take the final scene from my post "I walked out of town today". It would be very touching and involve one last look back at the twinkling lights. And I'm not sure whether or not the group (minus a couple of people) will drive off or if it should end with them standing around the car looking back at the city.

13 comments:

In the shadows said...

It's absolutely genious. How much of it do you have worked out in your head? That would be an awesome project to attempt.

Daniel Clark said...

This is a few snippets I thought up while listening to music today:

The Student
"Andy You're a Star"
"When you were young"
Male or female, preferably male.

The Addict
"Tranquilize"
Male

The Stripper
Female

The Gambler
"Tranquilize"
"Sam's Town"
Male

The Homeless
"All these things that I've done"
Male or female (transgender?)

The meeting of The Addict and The Gambler:
Setting: In two hotel rooms
The song: Tranquilize
The end of the scene shows the two of the characters out at the window about to jump to their deaths.

The end scene:
Setting: A hotel on the edge of Las Vegas
The Song: "Why do I keep counting"
The group looks out at the twinkling lights. The song plays on the radio and swells up.

Daniel Clark said...

In the meeting scene they see eachother at the last moment. Having been in adjacent hotel rooms.

Daniel Clark said...

Listen to the songs to sort of get a feel for the scenes.

Anonymous said...

I am actually in the process of writing a Killers musical. Maybe we could possibly combine our ideas?

Daniel Clark said...

I'd be totally down with that.

Also, is this April Davis? And how do I contact you, lol.

Anonymous said...

No I am not :) , lol. I have a myspace. myspace.com/citris6 :D.

Anonymous said...

Hello friends... is this still in the making?

Anonymous said...

thats so cool... i thought i was the only one to think of doing this...
i have a different plot, but its also set in Vegas, and has some of the same characters (stripper, addict) great minds think alike, huh?

Gino said...

hmm.... started in 2008 and no productions yet? slackers! lol jk, jw any1 still workin on this? ive got my own going, not really the same plot but same idea.

Anonymous said...

My brother and I have been working on a musical ourselves. No setting yet, but our plot is very different from yours. Characters and how they are portrayed. I will be the only one disagreeing with your plot.

Dr. Awesome said...

I want to see how this turns out. I'm a big fan of the Killers and I want to make this a "fake movie". As in write the plot.

Please.

zullette01 said...

Just came across this blog. This is a GREAT idea! Any progress?