Saturday, July 12, 2008

Three photos.

Not a lot tonight, but I'm pretty proud of what I have for you.


First, a cute kitty. Because I said I'd do it.


Second is a "sketch". I call it a sketch because it's a practice shot. The final picture is going to be more close up and have a lot more detail in the figure. Plus there will be a costume.
It's based on this amazing moment that's been burned into my mind as one of the most stirring images I have ever seen. My best friend Gabriel was in a play, or was it a dance. No matter. The whole thing was spectacular, and I fear I'll never see it again. In fact I probably won't. I think that was part of the point. Anyhow. In this play (Shadowland) there was a character. He was a man among fools it seemed. He stood apart. And the world itself seemed to me falling apart. he could see this. And in one moment as all the characters did various actions without dialogue, he walked to the back where a gate seemed to hold the world back. He put his hand up to the gate and gripped it. I know I inferred a lot of this. But I don't care. I will make this shot, immortalize it. Because as of right now the image only exists in my head and maybe a couple of others.


Last we have a composite shot of lightning in the Las Vegas valley. It's not something you see very often. This is the first time I've ever been able to photograph it. It has been one of my goals in life and I'm glad to have done it. Now I'll just have to perfect it.

4 comments:

Le Reveur said...

Somebody up somewhere must love you, because you were asking for lightning yesterday and today you got it. Good shots: congrats.

Anonymous said...

I love the kitty! *Cuddles it* xD

Deanna said...

I'm impressed by the lighting. I've always felt that ACTUALLY getting a lighting shot in Las Vegas has to be the biggest stroke of luck ever. It's a bit easier here, because when it storms (at least once a week) lighting hits every 2 seconds or so.

And wait...youre no longer doing your newspapery thing?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love all of them actually. And damn. You are lucky. My favorite are all of them. :3