Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Lost Camera

Years ago my best friend Gabe and I went camping in the forests of Lake Tahoe. I brought my camera(a Samsung Digimax 130 1.3 Megapixel camera. An archaic piece if equipment.), as I was just beginning to take my first steps in photography. During one of the days we went to a beach which we dubbed SOB Cove. (Because it's a real son of a bitch to get there.) Once there, we went into the water. It was at this point that I relaized my camera was still in my pocket. It didn't turn on. Even when I let it dry out, it still wouldn't turn on. I quickly went out and bought a box camera. When we returned from our trip, my camera was still a lifeless heap of plastic and wiring. So I put it in a box and forgot about it.

Until today.

I put batteries in it and it made this twittery beeping noize, then a whir. And then as I sat there stunned, the LCD screen lit up. There were a total of 10 images still stored on the camera. I remember there being more, but who cares? What follows is all ten of those images.










No comments: