Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pessimistic thought of the day.

Arguing government with a friend:

"We're never going to agree on any of this. The government makes mistakes, but so do I. You can't expect perfection because it's not going to happen. If you expect perfection from a government then you're living in the wrong reality. All you have (Name) is idealistic philosophy which isn't congruent with a society that's rough. People aren't innately good or bad, they are simply people. And they behave according to themselves and what they think is right. Those opinions will never match up. And to expect these opinions on what is right to align perfectly is to expect every star in the universe to suddenly align themselves in a single file line and do a dance." - Me

(I reccomend checking out the comments on this post for more light on the subject)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To each their own, right? He has good intention and he's doing this to better this world. I don't completely agree with him, but I admire that he has enough conviction to take action. Which is more than what most people can say they have done.

Agree to disagree.

I want to see the stars do that. :<

Daniel Clark said...

I totally aggree with that point. I fear he's got more conviction and dedication than I ever will. I also thought this was just a funny little section of speech. I revealed a lot more about myself than I ever intended in that block of text.

Anonymous said...

Hey, anyone with a sort of out-of-the box passion is someone to admire. He may be passionate about that, but conviction can be found everywhere. As can determination. I know you both personally, and the amount of creativity and passion the both of you have is astounding.

And It's always best to be true to yourself. Cheesy words, but true. I actually found the fact that you revealed so much about yourself refreshing.

Howard said...

Nicely put, Daniel. My sentiments are very much in line with yours.