Thursday, July 3, 2008

Death.

Strange how a bird can stir up serious contemplation. I saw him this morning, sitting still and breathing quickly next to my house. He would be dead by noon, I knew. But when he was dead when we returned from my interview, I was appalled. In only an hour it had passed. Alone. It died with it's legs pointing almost comically into the air.

I felt drawn to take photographs of it. I do not know why, and I do not recommend looking at them.

I suppose I've always had a fascination with death. I have a file on my external hard drive labelled "Pictures of dead birds". I suppose this was the event that all of those led to. If you wish to see, here are the photos.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am impressed with the composition and quality of the images, but they are very sad.