Sunday, June 29, 2008

First Friday art sales idea.

Sell stencil kits at First Friday. The kits would sell for 3, 4 or 5 dollars depending on what I do. The basic premise is that I cut s shit ton of stencils from my archive. And sell them with a can of paint. Basically a do-it-yourself vandalism kit. Paint is cheap from Wal-Mart and the cardstock comes cheap too. You could rubber band the stencil around the can of paint, maybe include a short how-to guide. This could make lots of money, and it could also fail moserably. I'd only lose a bit of money if it didn't work. But I'd make quite a bit if it took off.

So a kit would include:
1 hand cut stencil
1 can of paint
1 set of instructions

I'd also sell pieces that I'd made with the stencils. That would requre a larger investment. I'd be willing to work with someone of this if you have a steady hand. I have some people I want to ask first, but if the position of partner becomes available I'll replace this:

"The position of partner has been filled"

4 comments:

Le Reveur said...

I'm in. I'll start cutting the more popular stencils asap.

Timothy K. Taycher said...

I'll buy one.

Daniel Clark said...

Thanks Tim!

Le Reveur said...

MDC show, Aug. 7th. We should be able to table there.