Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I want...

I want to create a piece of artwork that causes people to be removed from reality. I believe that this has been my goal all along. I want viewers to enter into my piece and suddenly know that they are somewhere else. I want to play with perception, twist the idea of reality. I want the "viewers" (it would be a multisensory expirence actually) to enter and become something else. They will leave my art with knoeledge they hadn't thought they would ever posess. I don't want them to be able to express it in words.

I want to explore what is real.
What defines art.
How far I can push the liminal idea of space and time.
I want them to forget they are looking at a piece of artwork.
I want them to expirence it alone.
Trip the mind and have it fall into place somewhere else.
I want it to make them think they are dreaming.
I want them to faint inside it.
I want them to feel both small and infinite.
Expirence nothing and everything in one moment.
Find their senses incapable of comprehending.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read "Diary" by Chuck Palahniuk.

Howard said...

So essentially you want to create that box that Zaphod walks into that shows him his place in the universe?

Seriously, that sounds awesome and I wish you luck with that project. Sounds like you're going to need a building, and a few spare years. I hope I'm one of the first that gets to see it.