Friday, January 11, 2008

Anticipation rant.

In high school I participated in only one theatrical production. But I'll always remember the feeling I got while waiting for the show to begin. The anticipation I felt, and I'm sure actors must feel every time, was one of the most memorable moments of my life. There are other moments that elicit the same feelings. I also participated in track and field during my high school carreer. At the beginning of any race one gets the same intense feeling of anticipation. And during Forensics (speech and debate) just before you go into your room to begin your debate, the feeling wells up again. This seems to be one of the only things missing from my life right now. I think to a smaller degree I do get some of that anticipation before I explore something new, or discover something new. Photograpy is probably the closest I come to attaining the feeling these days. As I gather my equipment I taste it slightly.

The reason I write about this feeling is because I think I need this feeling in some primal way. I need the sudden release of adrenaline. I need the expectations of a crowd. Maybe the Exploration can offer me that someday, if I become known enough. The day I lose that feeling will be the day I change what I do with my life.

No comments: