Thursday, September 18, 2008

Shadowland

Have you ever been somewhere so thick with history that it feels as if you're stepping into another world? That's the good thing about Reno and UNR. There are places that feel old enough to contain mystery.

(I need to give credit where credit is due, in these two photos there is a sculpture made of tree branches leaning against a tree. This was made by someone else. If anyone knows who, I'd love to credit them.)




There is a place between the freeway and a few fraternity houses. The place is dark and somehow removed from the city. It feels forgotten and out of time. While I was there I repeatedly checked over my shoulder. I couldn't help but think to myself: 'there are vampires here'.




Down Fourth Street, underneath the freeway there is a motel that looks as if it's been transformed into a makeshift apartment complex. It hums what feels like electricity but is probably more closely related to human effort over time.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this set of photos. I am IN love with them, haha.

Deanna said...

I enjoy this entire set. Very much.

Le Reveur said...

This is a great set. Oh, and the vampire lurking behind you? Sorry, couldn't help myself, I was curious as to what was going on with you :P