Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Obama Rally at UNR

**Edit** These photos have been color correced, but I'm starting to think color being pretty for everyone on the web is a really hard thing to accomplish**

**Edit** These photos seem to have a bad color cast to them. And it's making me very sad. I apparently edited them on a screen with bad color calibration. They are supposed to have a nice warm tone to them. And as soon as I can I'll be fixing these. **Edit**

Sen. Barack Obama is amazing. And I'm not going to be nonpartisan about this one. I'm sorry, I just can't. He's a fantastic candidate and I hope you will all come to the same conclusion on election day (Nov 4th).

His rally was attended by over 10,000 people according to the RGJ. It was a fantastic event and I got a few good photos. (Well I actually got a lot of good ones. Blogs aren't set up for lots of pictures though.) So, I give you 7 photos. (If you want high-res photos e-mail or message me and I'll see what I can do.)








1 comment:

Deanna said...

I think the color correction on the first is too cold...I mean, to me, even the hand that's holding the sign up looks sort of blue, and I'm not sure I like that. BUT you could be right-maybe it's just my computer.
On the second, I find the little fuzz off to the right (maybe a piece of hair or a part of a moving hand?)distracting. Maybe that is part of what you like about it, but it bothers me lol.
In the close-ups of Obama: I know you wanted that background completely gone, but I think you could have gone with a slightly greater depth of field. I say this because ONLY Obama's face is in focus. I would have liked to have seen his hand and the front of the podium/podium sign in focus as well. I don't think you would have sacrificed too much of your desires with the background to do this. Again, this is just my opinion. I know you are very happy with these photos so I hope you don't take any of this personally.
#5 gives me chills.
I LOVE #6. The photographer in the back completely makes that photo. I love it.
I like the way the bottom is dark in the last one, know what I mean? It's like the image fades out at the edges of the frame.