Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rant.

Police Paradox

A kid on a bike is chased down by police. He crashes, picks up his bike and runs off into campus. The cop speeds off to cut him off at the pass. Now I'm stuck. I have three options.

One: Run after the guy tackle him/watch where he's going.
Two: Run after the guy and let him know where a goo place to hide is.
Three: Do nothing.

I, regretfully, opted for option three. I did come to my senses and begin running after him. I searched for a good half hour for the guy (the police were too) wanting to find him and offer my services as a decoy or to change clothes so he wouldn't get caught, or even just to take his bike so he wouldn't be so obviously "that guy in shorts on the bike". What I noticed was that not 5 minutes after I saw him ride into campus did I see two or three other bikers that were,'t there before sort of just riding around. And if that wasn't planned it was damned lucky. Which leads me to a point Alex will love.

Community On Call Decoys

Essentially you have a local group of activists. You bring them together and come up with a plan. A plan like this: If you're ever chased by police just text the group with the code word and a description of the clothes you're wearing. That group maybe 5 or six will the immediately don similar but not exact clothing and walk/ride around. Also when it's all over you can say you COCD (pronounced "Cocked") the police.

USPS Conspiracy

Fuck USPS. So I live in the dorms. And for whatever reason, USPS refuses to deliver to the dorms. All other carriers do. I call Bullshit. Wanna know why? There's a goddamned post office with PO Boxes up the street. So if you want your packages to get to you (say, from Amazon or Ebay), you're forced to buy a PO Box. Bullshit. It's a scheme and it's fucked up.

No comments: