Monday, September 22, 2008

My New Fraternity

So, as I told you followers of me, I have joined a fraternity. I am (or will be soon) an associate member (what is traditionally termed a "pledge") of Pi Kappa Phi.

I went out camping this weekend with a group and was the only associate member there. That was surprisingly not very awkward. They've taken me in in a way I never really would have expected. I already feel like I could call each of them a friend.

When leaving for our trip I thought to myself that I wasn't going to bring a camera or take pictures because it would distract me from getting to know people. That was a stupid idea. I found out pretty quickly that I use a camera to evaluate situations. It's actually become so much of a part of me that how I capture a group or event is so closely linked with my understanding of the group or event that I'm at a strange loss without that device. (That's not to say I would have shut down socially without a camera of course.)

And I was lucky enough to find someone (Danny) willing to surrender a camera to me. Here is a sample of what I captured:







No comments: