Monday, September 24, 2007

Halo 3

Whoever designed the Halo 3 advertising campaign is a fucking genius. You have no idea how much this campaign has hooked me. I didn't even think I'd play Halo 3, now I'm contemplating buying a 360 and Halo 3. Microsoft knows exactly what they're doing. They know they have a good amount of people who will buy the game no matter what. So the ads and such out now have nothing to do with the established core. This core already plays because they know the game and they want to finish the fight and blah blah. But what the ads are doing is creating an entire mythology around the game. It's bringing the game to a more literary crowd. I could be getting this all wrong, but it's what I'm getting. This mythological epic is coming to a close, are you going to be there when it ends?

I believe that one day people will study Harry Potter, The Matrix, and Halo for classes. I believe these types of media will define our society to future generations.

Woooo 4:30 am. Getting ready for a marathon day of shooting, developing, getting tickets, producing, learning, and haloing. Oh lord. If I sleep now I can get 2 and a half hours of sleep. Or. I could just not.

3 comments:

Le Reveur said...

Isn't it awesome!?

The Halo 2 commercial was awesome too. The complexity of the plot, and the amount of plot introduced, has increased exponentially over the three halos.

You know what's even more awesome though? Starcraft 2. Or Mass Effect. :D

Anonymous said...

It's funny because Alex directed me to this blog because of me saying something close to that. The first thing that brought me to attention to the commercial was the song.

It just gives me chills. You can feel the heaviness just in the simple melancholy melody. At least for me. It makes me sniffle, hee.

Then that scene... very chilling. I'm a Halo dork, but the 3rd one certainly has caught my attention more than any other one.

Okay, Imma stop nerding now. But Halo 3 is definitely worth the 360. As well as Bioshock, I highly reccomemnd that. Assasin's Creed when it comes out. And, like Alex said, Mass Effect.

:D /dork factor.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.