Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow as finals come to a close.

The first signs of snow showed on Sunday night. A light dusting that would in all probability be so much drain water by the next morning. So I let myself slip into sleep.

Early next morning I awoke only to realize the world was just a bit brighter out. Either I was getting up late or something was different. Turns out a fresh coat of snow was different. seeing as I'm a Vegas kid and I always will be, I grabbed my study gear (wish me luck) and my camera and went on my merry way. I wanted to capture Old Campus with an undisturbed coat of snow. I arrived alone with only two or three others around me hurrying into buildings. The snow made its soft sound. like rain, but softer. And I wondered how many others had seen and heard this event before. The university is old. And as I've said on other occasions, you can feel that history sometimes. I hope through these photos you will understand what I mean.



3 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow, I absolutely LOVE these. Love love love. They definitely made me...I don't know...feel.

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are awesome! I especially like the photo of the Mackay Statue from the doorway of Mackay Mines Building...it's just so cool.

Anonymous said...

I love these.