Thursday, December 4, 2008

A quarter.

So last night I was reading a book. And, as most humans are aware, our bodes require liquid from time to time. Me, I run entirely on soda and juice. (Pure water just isn't my thing.) So I got up to get myself something to drink. It's 4 a.m. and I have nothing in the way of liquids. But I do have 55cents in my pocket. You'd think I would have more money to my name than that. But no. I'm like a six year old I have so little money. So I move to my change mug. Nothing but pennies. I shit you not. Not one silver coin. (That's a lie there was some Mexican money in there.) I then proceeded to scour my entire bedroom and living room for anything. It was beginning to move past 4 a.m. and searching for 20cents is a terrible thing to loose sleep over. I sat down on the couch in despair. I'd found a lot of bits of tinfoil, and a number of useless pennies. (Not to mention a boxful of spent film. What the hell did I take pictures of?) I sat down on the couch.

I know what you're thinking. "He must have checked under the couch, it's the most obvious place to look for loose change" To you I say shut up and keep your opinions to yourself. So I hung my head over the couch and to my great relief, under the couch, behind a dirty sock, was a dusty quarter. I felt like I'd won the lottery or something. Everyone was sleeping so I did a silent dance of triumph.

So I went downstairs and deposited all of the money I owned (except for a nickel which is in my pocket now) into a soda machine. Problem. Mountain Dew Code Red, or Wild Cherry Pepsi? Wild Cherry Pepsi became the choice after a quick "eenie meenie miney moe". So I retreated upstairs where I drank my soda quietly, slowly, and read my book.

No comments: