Sunday, August 17, 2008

Persistent obsession

So, unlike previous obsessions, this one with The West just won't die. I believe it'll be something to add to my admittedly already strange personality. I'm now convinced that I will wear cowboy boots for the rest of my life, they are just too cool.

I'm also of the opinion that photographers are their own kind of gunslinger. I have yet to come up with my own term for it, (cameraslinger sounds dumb, but camslinger shows promise) but it's already working its way into my head. A new breed of photographer. Hell, maybe we'll have camera "holsters". A quick draw also means a quick movement of the fingers to set the ISO and shutter speed. I've even got the term "shoot" on my side on this one. This is actally a good addition to my already growing philosophy in regards to photography. Take the shot once, find that one photo that defines a moment, all that kind of stuff.

I also just finished 3:10 to Yuma. Amazing. Just, stunning. It doesn't help that the main character reminds me of a past coworker (friend?) of mine David Calvert. (Who I just found out holds the first hit on a Google search for his name. This makes me a bit jealous because not only have I not turned up in vain searches on google yet, I don't think "Daniel Clark" is nearly unique enough to me for that to ever happen.)

1 comment:

Howard said...

Don't sell yourself short. Who knows, in three years you could be the most famous Daniel Clark around.

And Gordon Parks considered his camera a weapon...you're definitely on to something.