Saturday, August 2, 2008

Food Service III

Another update from the workforce. I haven't taken a photo in a few days and I'm having withdrawals. I saw oodles of things at work today I wanted to take a picture of. (Chief among them was a plate of lemons that looked like a smiley face.) But on to the mini stories, only a few short ones.

Songs That Make You Go AAAAHHHHH!!!

So for the first couple of days at work I thought the music selection was great. It kept me going. But on the third day I realized: it was the same 6 or so songs. Again. And again. And again. Just think about listening to THIS (Go directly to 1:26 if you click the link) sixteen fucking times a day. Then select a bunch of other random songs from no earlier era than the 70's and toss them in. Now imagine you're cleaning tables while this playlist is looped. I know, it's like one of the levels of hell.

That One Cup

Why is it that people feel the need to pour all of their remaining drinks into one single cup in the center of their table to the point of overflowing? Is there some deep human need to fill a single cup with as much random fluid as possible?

A Proper Haircut

I apparently have the proper haircut for someone of my age. According to Tarzan. It's true. He was sitting at a table and he called me over to tell me that my haircut is indeed the proper one for a man of my age. He also told me about back in the day when he and his other friends (who all did the original Tarzan howl for radio shows) went out to some cliffs in Mexico to leap into the ocean. I shit you not.

1 comment:

Howard said...

oh the stories and people that you find in a low-end cafe, especially in the middle of the night.