Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I was caught by the police.

I shit you not. I was out exploring the Black Mountain Industrial Center when security evidently thought we were up to no good. They pulled over and told us not to take any pictures of certain buildings. And, indeed, I promised not to.

We left a note on the truck with my phone number and the reason we were there.

Thirty minutes or so later my phone registers a voicemail:
"Hello Daniel, this is Officer Seigel with the Las Vegas metropolitan police Department. We're out here at the industrial park uh, possibly near your Nissan pickup truck and we need to talk to you. You're not in any kinda trouble we just need to make sure nothing uh, odd is going on. So please come back and talk to us, we'll be next to your car. Thank you, bye."


Once we were with the police, the great slew of questions began. Three cruisers and two security vehicles were eventually to show up. Question after question was asked. It was almost like we were hanging out at some points. We made jokes. They made jokes. They told us that they seriously considered that we might be terrorists at one point.

Highlights
___________________________________________________
Officer: Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
Me: No.
Officer: You're boring.
___________________________________________________
*alarm goes off in distance*
Me: We swear to god that's not us.
Officer: *laughs*
___________________________________________________

In the end I came home with a Slurpee and a good story. the only bad thing is that my dad was awakened because they needed to verify that he knew I had the truck.

2 comments:

Le Reveur said...

"You seriously have to be the only college students I've ever stopped who didn't have tattoos."

He was the fun one, lol.

Jessica said...

Wow.