Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bean.

It could be Enders Shadow, or it could be genuine emotion. But my mind has always found some deep connection between the literature it's reading and its own reality. (I always connect the book I'm reading to my life). I feel like a first grader thrown into a third grade classroom. I have the latent undeveloped skill. Yeah I'll develop the skills needed; but taking on a position like this, I feel like I should already have more of this stuff down.

I felt like a child stumbling through the office today. I was like a fly. I didn't have a job. I wasn't being taught anything. Inverted mask layers? Double what? Cutline vs. caption? Soundslides, what pixel stroke? I missed a meeting. The paper is done.

Everyone is nice enough, very nice indeed. But I'm a whole flight of stairs behind the pack. And when they're busy, I'm just a kid twirling in an office chair.

No comments: