Tuesday, April 29, 2008

On the subject of cinema.

There are times, I do believe, when one gains an immense sense of clarity unnecessary for living. By that I mean, one becomes hyper-aware of their surroundings. Like now. At 4:44 a.m. My mind races along simple thoughts.

And the cinematic nature of things comes into view. As if I've taken a step back from the lens that is my own inner camera.

I find that I model my life in a somewhat beautifully tragic genre. I've scripted the shadows, the lonely walks back home every night. The nights at the office. If spliced together, my life would resemble all those movies I cherish deeply in my heart. A soundtrack of melancholy tunes. A dark and mysterious set with old buildings lit with only the stars.

I direct the cinema of my life, and yet have so little control over it.



My cinematic montage is all violin and shadows.

No comments: