Friday, December 28, 2007

I have fixed the AC adapter!

I have foiled the corporate something-or-others that manufacture cheap product! I've foiled you! Yeah, that's right, I stripped my broken ac adapter down and made it into a dangerous short circuit electrical fire generator that now powers my laptop once again!

On to the real update. I went back to The Alystra with two of my friends. The door that can be unlocked with the right key has been welded shut. So much for that idea. However, the building was still easy to get into. Juliet took a few pictures thatcame out pretty nice. As soon as those are up I'll link them HERE. Anywho, here are two shots from that excursion.




More recently I went draining with Steven. The amazing thing is just how easy it is to get into the amazing tunnel systems. In fact if you go HERE you can find a map of the damn system. Steven and I entered a tunnel near the Henderson DMV that led us deep underground and eventually opened up in a neglected wash. The tunnels were amazing and cavernous. Domed at the top they were at least 20 or 30 feet across and about 20 feet tall. We saw the actual molds used to make the drains up on a hill as we exited. Once we reached them we looked down and saw a secluded small lake. No kidding. On the other end of the lake was another tunnel which took us farther. Two amazing skylights (large vents) allowed me to take one picture while in the tunnels. I didn't take many pictures (which I now regret). I was so enamoured with the experience. I'll be going back very soon.






There's juat a bit more to the story. Steven and I went back out later and explored two more drains. One that we faound was easily accessible from the same area as the first one. It was of a similar shape to the other one, but smaller. It led for 3+ miles and eventually opened in, seriously now, a high end gated community. The kind with a 24 hour guard.

The last drain we explored was right off of the freeway exit headed toward my house. It rewuired the hopping of two fences but was a nice closing to the day. It was relatively short and sweet. and emptied near the base of that huge mountain with the radio towers on it.

No comments: