Sunday, July 22, 2007

So I was wrong.

Despite my misgivings about this new Linkin Park album (Minutes to Midnight)I have come around to enjoy it. Most of it actually. Some things I can't get really. Why the change of heart? I noticed the obvious nuclear diarmament title. Minutes to midnight refers to how close we are to nuclear destruction:

http://www.thebulletin.org/minutes-to-midnight/

Presently, we are 5 Minutes To Midnight.

The whole ablbum seems to be politically... I really don't want to use the phrase "politically charged"... influenced. The album is actually better than I gave it credit for. The music is certainly different than the band has really ever produced. I can only assume this is why I disliked it from the start. But if I put the previous albums aside and simply allow the music to play, it's very good.


Also, I'm blogging from my roof.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've only heard once song, which I really liked as it had to do with the enviroment and such. I'm planning on being one of those envirementtypepersons. (Despite my typos.)

I don't know. Just felt like commenting lol. But I like the message that they're helping to spread. It sounds different from the others? I've been away from the band for too long. LOL. XD;