Wednesday, July 18, 2007

(Now Clickable) Nuclear Holocaust.

So, I in my strange mind, saw the smoke from the fires in Reno and thought I'd make this:

The explosion is a copyrighted, image and therefore this isn't really all mine, but I thought it was pretty neat. I didn't even use Photoshop. I used my dumb person version of Photoshop called Picture It. Anyhow. I think it looks neat. Here is the original if anyone wondered what that looked like:


And onto my motivation for making such a photo. Because I (almost) never make art without a reason behind it. The reason here has a lot to do with showing how close to home violence can strike. We see the wars, bombings and disasters through a number of convenient rectangles. So much so that we begin to feel that these tragedies are confined to the indestructible barriers around these rectangles. What we aren't prepared for is that day when there isn't a rectangle keeping the panic, the fear, and the danger from our lives. And the images will be real and moving. They will be grand and we won't be able to click them away, or toss them into the wastebasket.

3 comments:

MikeMan said...

That is exceptionally good tiny Tim. I want to click to enlarge, why can't I enlarge!

Anonymous said...

Awesome incarnate. O3O

In the shadows said...

The photo definately captures a typically fearful scene. The background and foreground objects in this photo definately complement the use of the explosion added to the sky.

Nice job in blending that explosion in to the photo. Seamless. If I hadn't seen the original it would be hard to tell it was altered.