Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My first day as a Sagebrusher.

I thought I'd tell a story tonight. We were in the old offices at the time. And I was brand new to campus. I had turned in a disk with photos for review. (That was something you did back in the day.) And for my first assignment I met Amy Beck at the office. The first thing she asked me was if I'd ever used a digital SLR before.

Funny story. I lied. I had never used one in my life. I had used a film SLR before but never a DSLR. So here I was, expensive camera in hand, and I really didn't know how to use it. It wasn't too bad. Film and digital are pretty similar. So I took what I knew about digital photography with my hybrid camera and made some assumptions based on my film SLR experience and I came up with a somewhat decent range of use for the camera in my hand.

Oh faking it like only Journalists can.

Fun story. Hope you enjoyed.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

On my first day as a Sagebrusher, I ended up getting lost looking for the office, only to discover that I was supposed to be at the j-school. I was late to the presentation and had to introduce myself to Annie Flanz and Mike Higdon afterwards. Then, because I was supposedly a designer at this point, I showed Mike my portfolio and he would pull up pages and I would comment on then so he could get a feel for what I knew.
And then, three days later, I showed up to the wrong meeting (news), and the saga had begun.