Wednesday, February 13, 2008

This semester's photo project.

So the idea is hazy and muddled as hell, but it's an interesting one. My poblems with math and remembering things (like appointments and such) are potentially part of what is called Dyscalculia. My project? It'll be on that. I know what you're thinking, because I'm thinking the same thing: How the hell is that going to be visual?

My response? I'm not totally sure. But! I have a vehicle for it. Have you ever seen those really long panoramic pictures?

Okay.

Now if you make a 360 degree panoramic image you can put the ends together and you have a really neat ribbon that you can follow around and around and see all of the angles. Now comes the tricky part. And this took some thinking to actually figure out. There is a way to put a 360 degree image onto a mobius strip and have it be continuous. It has to be possible, right? Well it is. A mobius strip is one sided for all intents and purposes. And the image I want to put on it is one sided. So therefore it's possible. I did some diagrams and such and did some expirements and found out how to do it. So my photos will be 360 degree panoramic shots of things (not sure what yet) put onto a mobius strip. It should look really, really neat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.