Friday, January 21, 2011

Post on Photojournalism (II)

As far as photojournalism is concerned, I summed up my personal relationship with it in a post some time ago. My opinions are the same, but I wanted to explain another facet of what the photo taken by Stuart Franklin (I incorrectly cited Jeff Widener for the shot last time. He took another similar photograph, as did a couple of others) means to me.



This photograph illustrates a serious issue I had early in college perfectly. The issue is settled (mostly) now, but often rumbles uncomfortably (like a dormant volcano we're not prefectly sure of). Do I want to *make* this photograph, or do I want to *be* this photograph? The question remains. And another in the wake of this one: Can I do both?


(I know I have not posted here in a very long time. I thought the best way to begin posting again would be by posting again. You know, Instead of saying "I should post more" and forgetting again.)

No comments: