Thursday, July 30, 2009

Night Stroll

Just a couple pictures I got. Nothing too fancy, just what caught my eye. Some glass in the dirt and a neat angle. I do however have a story:

I was taking the second photo here (Using my bag as a tripod mind you). And I'm singing to my iPod while doing this, so I have no idea what's going on around me. I get my shot and pack up to go home, which is over a gate a few hundred feet behind me. I start walking when a flashlight illuminates me, casting my shadow on the wall. I think to myself "That's odd.." and turn around to see two security guards. So at this moment I have two options. 1) Keep going to the gate and leave as I already was. Or 2) get harassed for no reason at all by security guards. (I know and they know that I wasn't trespassing because there are no signs. And that I can take pictures of anything on the outside of a building I want in the state of Nevada. Also, they can't touch me legally. Nor am I a legal "threat" If I'm walking away.) So as I know this and they know this, I keep singing and keep walking to the gate. I know that if they give up they'll be reprimanded by the management. And I know they seriously don't want to deal with the bullshit "Don't you come round' these paahts no moah kid!" either. So based on an unspoken mutual understanding I hop the fence and walk into my neighborhood.

No comments: