Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nevada Sate Track

So I went to Del Sol today, mostly on a whim, and spent from 3:00PM to 9:00PM shooting the state track meet. It's amazing what you can get away with just by holding a camera. The original plan was to simply take some photos of track, because I've always wanted to. Especially after a friend of mine did some a while back. I was so very jealous. So, even though this was only high school, I had quite a bit of fun. (For anyone who reads this and doesn't know me too well, I did tack back in high school. Hurdles. Hilarious, I know. But I can jump like a mofo.) It brought back a bunch of memories, which was nice.

But as I took photos I saw a theme developing. Some don't quite fit, those are the.. more classic ones. There are a bunch in here though that fall into a theme that I can't name exactly. So much of track is focused on the 'doing' of the event. I was always of the opinion that the moments just before and just after your event are the ones you'll remember the most. The moments before that gun goes off are the most intense moments I can recall.

Now prepare yourself for...lots of images.






















1 comment:

Jessica said...

A couple of words come to mind when I looked through this. Movement. Triumph. Passion. And, quite simply, "Go!" With the exclamation point.