Thursday, April 2, 2009

Update on Projects

The Untitled Las Vegas Project is stalled till summer.

My Self Portrait can only begin after the spring semester ends.

I have a portrait thing planned for a girl. Two shots.
- Face shot of girl in front of a field of stars.
- Close up of lips exhaling a thin breath. Stars behind.

Untitled University Project

See this.

Gethell
I actually saw that someone did this similar project so this will just have to be a personal project. But getting into our closed old library is the idea. And documenting the small things we left behind is the point.

Untitled History Project
This one is my new baby. I'll probably not get to this one for years. The basic premise is to select moments from the time before photojournalism and document them again. Obviously staged. And I have tricks up my sleeve of how to do it right. What inspired this was my art history class. My teacher remarked that the paintings we were seeing were moments taken out of time. That they were the photos of the era. And I began wondering how a photojournalist would cover Jesus giving the keys to the kingdom to the first pope. Needless to say I love this whole idea and I'm thinking of new ideas every moment.

No comments: